Walk the talk! - ChikkaNow Alrights Reserved

Breaking

ChikkaNow Alrights Reserved

ChikkaNowJack is a professional blogs from different Author around the Globe.

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Walk the talk!

I'VE SET UP A PILOT DEMO AREA
FOR ONION, GARLIC IN MY FARM



By Manny Piñol
Encouraged by the robust growth of the first few bulblets of the White Onion which were planted two weeks ago, I have decided to establish a bigger Pilot Demo Area in my farm in Barangay Paco, Kidapawan City.
Today, Sunday, farm workers planted the remaining bulblets of White Onion given to me by Rammer Serrano a month ago in Viterbo, Italy.
Tomorrow, they will plant the bulblets of Red Creole Onion which I bought from Mangyan farmers in Oriental Mindoro.
After that, they will plant the native Garlic cloves which I also bought from Mangyan farmers.
In preparing the Pilot Demo Farm, the area was first plowed and then the soil was pulverized.
Plots about 10 inches high were then formed after which vermicast organic fertilizer fortified with Urea was mixed with the top soil and covered with plastic mulching.
Holes were made on the plastic mulching using the tip of burning sticks after which the bulblets were planted.
Since we have not established our drip irrigation system, watering will be done manually.
As soon as everything is set up, I will open my farm as a learning center for other farmers who would like to venture into Bulb Onion and Garlic Farming.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

About Me

authorHello, my name is Jack Sparrow. I'm a 50 year old self-employed Pirate from the Caribbean.
Learn More →

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *